- Imposes 20% tariffs on 31% of $15B of Canadian Soft-Wood Lumber.
- Chrystia Freeland, Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs, says “that Soft-Wood Lumber is only 2% of trade between USA and Canada, disputed since the 1880s. USA sells 2x as much to Canada than to China.”
- Trudeau commented, “Let’s roll up our sleeve and renegotiate NAFTA.”
- If NAFTA working properly, we would not have problems.
- USA and India do not have a free trade agreement. Rules set by WTO (World Trade Organization).
- Informed Congress of intention to renegotiate NAFTA.
REMINISCENT OF 1929.
SPECULATIVE SHORT ON KBH, LEN AND TOL.
President Trump signs an executive order for Agriculture and Rural Prosperity in America. Also on Fox News, “I do not fear a trade war with Canada.”
Consider subscribing to My Blog. SALE: Monthly subscription is reduced from $25 to $5.